Q: Who can attend the Pacific Veterinary Conference?
A: All veterinarians, registered veterinary technicians, CVMA Certified Veterinary Assistants, veterinary staff and DVM/RVT students.
Q: How many professionals typically attend the Pacific Veterinary Conference?
A: Approximately 1,700 veterinary professionals.
Q: Is the conference at the hotel?
A: Yes, the Vet Expo and all CE sessions will take place at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square Hotel.
Q: How will I know where to go?
A: Directional signs will be posted around the hotel. You may also ask Pacific Veterinary Conference staff and/or hotel staff.
Q: Is parking available?
A: Yes. Parking is available onsite and in nearby parking garages.
Q: Are there options for daycare?
A: Yes, guests may contact the hotel’s concierge desk for assistance in finding licensed daycare providers in the area.
Q: Will there be dietary-specific food options available?
A: If you require special dietary needs please, contact the PacVet office by email at email@example.com or by phone at 800.655.2862.
Q: Are meals included in the registration fee?
A: Yes, there are at least 19 food events:
- Four continental breakfasts
- Hosted breaks
- Two lunches provided in the Exhibit Hall on Friday and Saturday
- Evening receptions
Q: Are lecture notes included in the registration fee?
A: Lecture notes are complimentary on the conference mobile app, the Veterinary Information Network (VIN) website, and at PacVet.net. However, Lecture notes can be bought on a flash drive for $15.
Q: Can office staff share or split days?
Continuing Education Credits
Q: How many CE hours are offered?
A: The conference will offer more than 240+ hours of CE.
- Veterinarians can earn up to 28.5 hours of CE.
- Technicians can take advantage of 26.5 hours of technician-specific CE.
Q: Are Pacific Veterinary Conference CE hours RACE approved?
- The California Veterinary Medical Association, the sponsor of the Pacific Veterinary Conference, is a statutorily approved CE provider in California.
- CE earned at the Pacific Veterinary Conference will be accepted by the California Veterinary Medical Board toward the mandatory 36 hours required every two years for re-licensure.
- Most states will accept CVMA-sponsored CE.
- To receive credit for your CE at the Pacific Veterinary Conference, you must follow proper procedures per the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners (TBVME).
- Sign in at the Information Desk upon arrival.
- Track your CE hours on the CE Certificate of Attendance.
- Sign out before you leave the conference.
- A Pacific Veterinary Conference staff member must verify your hours and give you a certificate of attendance/completion. (Per the TBVME these certificates cannot be mailed or given out after the conference).
All other states
- Contact your local Veterinary Medical Board or licensing agency to determine what CE at the Pacific Veterinary Conference qualifies in your state.
- Contact the Pacific Veterinary Conference staff prior to the conference with any questions or special requirements by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 800.655.2862.
Q: Do I sign up for each session I want to attend?
A: Sessions are open to all registered attendees. Hands-on laboratories, symposiums, and workshops require additional registration and fees. (Guests may not attend sessions).
Q: How do I keep track of the sessions I attend so I can submit my CE to my state regulator?
A: To keep track of your sessions, you will receive a CE Certificate of Attendance at check-in to record your hours and keep for your records. Do not turn it into the registration desk.